Eased restrictions for Greater Brisbane will be in place from 6pm Monday 11th January 2021 to 1am Friday 22nd January 2021.
This is for the following areas:
- City of Brisbane
- City of Ipswich
- Logan City
- Moreton Bay Region
- Redland City
People are permitted to be outside their homes for any purpose, subject to the following restrictions:
You must carry a face mask with you at all times when you leave your home, unless you have a lawful reason not to. You must wear a mask in indoor spaces, except in your home. For example:
- Shopping centres, supermarkets, retail outlets and indoor markets
- Hospitals and aged care facilities
- Churches and places of worship
- Indoor recreational facilities and Gyms
- Indoor workplaces (where you cannot social distance)
- Public Transport, taxis and rideshare
- Airports and traveling on planes.
The recommendation is that masks are worn outdoors when you are unable to stay more than 1.5m distance from other people, such as busy walkways and thoroughfares.
All businesses may now have:
- COVIDSafe Plan must be in place
- one person per 4 square metres on their premises indoors
- one person per 2 square metres outdoors
- Businesses with a floor space less than 200 square metres can have one person per 2 square metres, up to 50 people at a time.
To read more about these changes, please visit the Queensland government website to keep updated.11th January 2021