Greater Brisbane will go into lockdown for 3 days while contact tracers work to ensure the new strain of COVID-19 is not circulating in the community.
From 6pm tonight, Friday 8th January 2021, until 6pm Monday 11th January 2021, people in the local government areas of Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Redlands and Logan will be required to stay at home except for the following reasons:
- Shopping for essentials, food and necessary supplies
- Medical or healthcare needs, including compassionate requirements
- Exercise with no more than 1 other person, unless all from the same household
- Providing care or assistance to an immediate family member
- Work, volunteering, or study if it is not reasonably practicable to work or learn remotely
- Child custody arrangements
- Legal obligations
- Visit for end of life
- Attend funeral or wedding in line with restrictions
Masks will also need to be worn everywhere in those local government areas except if people are at home.
All essential businesses remain open. If you need to leave Greater Brisbane for an essential purpose, such as to work, to return home or to access healthcare, you should limit your movements for those three days wherever you go.
All businesses that can remain open must adhere to one person per 4 sq/m with a COVID Safe or Industry Plan.
Gyms are required to close. If you work within a gym you will not be able to work from this location during this lockdown period.
Massage Therapists are able to continue to work if they are a registered health practitioner or a qualified massage therapist.
To read more on the details of the lockdown, please click this link.
Changes may occur over the weekend whilst ANTA staff are not working to provide updates. We strongly recommend that members check the relevant government websites for updates.8th January 2021